Saturday, October 4, 2014

Top 3: September 2014

Sorry for the delay! Better late than never, yeah?
I only have three things to mention for September: two things watchable, the other? Filipino Sausage.

BoJack Horseman (Netflix Original)



Diane, Mr. Peanutbutter, BoJack, Princess Carolyn, and Todd
Source: Google

Netflix's BoJack Horseman was intended to be background noise for me while I did homework, but by episode three I was hooked.


Source: Google

BoJack is a washed-up and forgotten celeb who starred in a hit 90s TV show called Horsin' Around. Now he wants to make a comeback, and uses a ghostwriter (Diane) to write a book about him. The whole situation is indeed not as easy as getting from point A to point B.

In fact, don't even expect this show to be a "whooooa what a crazy twist!" type show. It's real, and covers topics that we all can relate to in a serious and humorous manner. I think there's difference between hyperbole humor, and humor that is supposed to take over the plot. BoJack Horseman has the former.

One thing I always scream "genius!" in my head about when it comes to this show is how animalistic the animal characters are. In one episode a rooster rollerblades through a neighborhood early in the morning and yells "WAKE UP EVERYBODY IT'S MORNING!!". In another, a gerbil is running on a wheel at the gym. Love those subtle animal quirks throughout the series!

Source: Google

And I mean... Come on... You get to see Sextina Aquafina the singer in an episode, too! It's just hilarious because within the show, she's the newest hit in the music industry and her name/appearance is one that's definitely over-exaggerated but proves a point in context.

Other biases include: my love of the theme song because it reminds me of something off the game, Hotline Miami (and its production has a Black Keys lineage); the song in the credits is by Grouplove; and Aaron Paul plays Todd. Done deal.

Check it out! You're just one click away from a Netflix marathon.


Eat Your Kimchi

I briefly remember watching one of their videos with a friend last year because we needed to find a video about a personal experience of Korea. Initially I thought they were a bit weird, because they were purring and meowing at each other?

Weird.

But look at me now! In two days I've voluntarily watched roughly 130 of their videos. My how the tides have turned.


Source: Google


Simon and Martina are a married couple who have lived in South Korea for 5+ years, and have been married just a smidge bit longer than that. They started making Youtube videos to show their family that they were safe in their new Korean home, and they blasted off into something fun, quirky, and informative!


Source: Google

They have all kinds of segments like WTF (Wonderful Treasure Finds), FAFAP (Food Adventures For Awesome People), TL;DR (Too Long; Don't Read for people who don't feel like reading the in-depth blog posts on their blog), and much more!

And I mean, they also have a dog named Spudgy with a blue mohawk and a cat named Mr. Meemers. Bonus points, seriously.


Longanisa (the BEST sausage!)

Source: Google

Breh. I made the worst mistake this month.

Okay so I went to the Chinese Autumn Festival downtown, and spied a Filipino food both. Aside from ube cupcakes, lychee jello snacks, and a few finger foods, I haven't been exposed to a lot of Filipino food. But HUZZAH! There's a Filipino place in Indy now: Eduardo's!

And oh. My. Gosh. Longanisa. Oh my gosh.

I saw in parentheses "sweet sausage" and just thought it was a fake sweet like sweet Italian sausages... But NOOOO. These were not only sweet, like they had been internally glazed in pineapple, but tender, smokey, and juicy too!

My HORRIBLE mistake? I spent $5 on two pork skewers and although good, they were NOT as amazing as the $1 longanisa!! I REALLY should've got an additional five longanisa. They were so good! Especially with the fried veggie rice! Ugggggh!

Just... Place a little halo around that picture above, because they deserve to be dubbed an angelic food source.

That's it, y'all. Three simple favorites for September.
Catch you soon!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment