Monday, June 2, 2014

Quick Eggless Cookies

It was pretty gloomy outside today. A perfect excuse for a cup of hot tea I'd say (shoutout to Celestial Seaons' Vanilla Honey Camomile!). But I wanted something to go with that tea.

Let's be honest. I'm too lazy to bake a dense almond cake from scratch... Plus I don't have sticks of butter or almond extract. So I stuck with what I knew: single serve cookies.




I was gonna get fancy and label everything you needed to make these cookies with a nice font. But... You know, almost all the labels are faced forward. You guys are smart. I know you can read... And see.

The only questionable things are the items on the far left. The mound of rat-turds in a plastic bag are just small semi-sweet chocolate chips. The taller bag behind it are pecans. And yes, the bowl you'll need is true to size. Just wash, rinse, and dry out your cereal bowl and you're ready to make some cookies from scratch!




You mix all your dry ingredients and toppings first. Thoroughly. I gave mine a spin for 30 seconds to a full minute.




It should form a dough. One a little more cohesive than above... My cookies still turned out, but needed a little more liquid to make them a tad bit better. I just didn't know if I needed to add more milk or oil, and if it would've made a difference which one I added more of.



No matter if your cookie dough turns out right or not, you need to dig in that bowl and form the dough yourself. Like, LITERALLY. Don't make a ball and expect it to flatten out or you'll be bakin' spheres. 




And here was my finished product! Yeah, a cookie's missing. I ate it to see if it turned out okay. I like my cookies crispy, and that's what this recipe aims to do. Just an FYI for the soft cookie-lovers out there. This particular batch was hard to bite, but not impossible to chew. Not crisp, but not a stone either. So... They're tasty and edible, but I can do better!

This recipe is sadly not my own, but from Chocolate Covered Katie. She makes many healthier desserts and I'm ready to try making more of her delicious treats! This one, in particular, can be found here.

Looking at the ingredients, this recipe can easily be made vegan. Just make sure the chocolate chips are vegan, almond milk would substitute cow's milk, and coconut sugar/raw sugar/whatever in substitute of granulated sugar. Not sure where brown sugar stands with vegans, but I've had yummy vegan desserts and foods. I know there's a way!

All-in-all, this is an excellent cookie base to add practically anything you want to the dough: dried cranberries, cinnamon, ginger powder, cocoa powder, sprinkles, nuts... Whatever!

They take no time at all the whip together and bake, and hardly any cleanup (I mean a cereal bowl, three measuring spoons, and a big spoon to stir... Come on now).

Hoping you try giving it a go! And check out Katie's other recipes on her blog through the link I provided for the particular cookies above!

Later, gators.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment