Wednesday, May 14, 2014

New Fieldroast Apple Maple Breakfast Sausages

One of my rare trips to Whole Foods led me to these gems, and I've been munching on them ever since!



The name Field Roast already is credibility enough, but tasting these gave them a huge boost in my trust department. To me they have a eerily similar texture to actual sausage, and what I love most about searing these in a pan with a little olive oil is how all those seasonings (especially the sweetness of the maple syrup) work together to create an enjoyable, vegan experience.

It really doesn't have that "artificial meat" taste, of course a plus.





My two favorite ways to enjoy them are with a seasoned, fried egg or next to a pile of sautéed rainbow swiss chard. Swiss chard reminds me of a better-tasting spinach, though my mom says they're a bit bitter (I wouldn't say kale-bitter, but I dunno... It's an appetizing bitter, then). The recipe for how I prepare rainbow swiss chard can be found here.

Just note:

  • Wash the swiss chard THOROUGHLY! Don't want to be bitting down on bugs, sand, and grit.
  • I didn't personally use the pepper flakes.
  • When cooking the stems, throw them in as soon as the garlic is ready and fragrant. Let them have time to soften because they do take longer to cook than the leaves.



I've been eating them in pairs for quite some time and I still have a few left. Around $4 for a pack of twelve, extremely tasty, meat-free sausages that are packed with protein, vitamins and minerals is A-OK in my book.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment