Thursday, July 31, 2014

Favorite Snacks: July 2014

Helados Mexcio Coconut Paletas

I regret the thousands of times I've passed this creamy ice cream treat in the frozen section of the store. I regret every time I didn't just go for it and try it. I shall kick myself for every time I've passed them up.

My dad had to be the one to cave-in (? not really... he just thought they looked like something I'd like so he got it). And whoo-WEE, they're so good!

Paletas (according to Wiki) essentially refers to the little stick that's in the frozen fruit/etc. This one is coconut-flavored, and so delicious! Super creamy, sweet, and pieces of coconut throughout. It's pretty much mind-blowinly good ice cream conveniently on a stick. They come in tons of other cream-based, and fruit-based flavors as well! Can't wait to try those, but I'm a huge sucker for coconut.




Calbee Shrimp Chips

I know I've seen these once or twice and decided to give them a try, and man I'm glad I did! I am OBSESSED with these!!

The Hot Garlic flavor was a glorified accident, I was in a rush and got them instead of two Originals. I'm a pansy when it comes to hot foods, but these are just tolerable enough for me. The flavor of them are delicious as well! And the garlicky tang doesn't linger the rest of the day like some garlic snacks and foods can.

They're baked, so they're remotely healthier than a bag of potato chips. 55 pieces are around 120 calories, 2 grams of protein, and 1 gram of sugar for the Hot Garlic ones (that stay by my side thankyouverymuch). The best way I can describe it is like a super crunchy, shrimp-tasting, cracker. Light but hearty with its crunch. My mom tried it and wasn't thrilled, but I'm to the point where I need to have at least one unopened bag at my disposal.




Celestial Seasonings: Honey Vanilla Chamomile and Green Tea (w White Tea)

I've loved, loved, loved these teas for months now. I've just been getting back into them more because the household likes keeping the house at a solid cold temperature. Can't decipher whether it's summer or winter in here due to the frigid cold. It may just be me, because I love the sweltering heat. But I digress...

I've been drinking a ton of the Honey Vanilla Chamomile tea lately. The reason this one is wrapped is because I just finished the old one. The green tea one is one of the only green teas I drink. I don't enjoy the taste of liquified and bitter dirt, and this one doesn't taste like that to me at all. It's pretty smooth and both smell super good. I've literally tried thinking of ways to capture the smell of the green tea into my clothes and things.

I could drink it hot, but I usually brew a big batch iced with honey. Both get honey, hot or cold. They're divine, smooth, sweet, mellow, tasty, and so complex and satisfying to me.

Mind you, I'm no tea snob. So please don't scoff at my delirium over $2 boxes of tea, haha.


Very few, but very great favorites in the food department for this month! Enjoy August! I know I will. (Leos for-the-win!!)


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment