Saturday, March 15, 2014

Artist Spotlight: Alexa Meade

I've seen this artist's work all over the internet, and was taken aback when I found out that her canvas involves tangible items and human beings.

Alexa Meade turns 3D into 2D with her painting technique.


I finally put a face to the name when I saw that she had the honor of speaking for TED Talks. She's quite a young woman; one who was very close to working in politics after college. She came across the concept of shadows, and took a huge leap of faith to focus entirely on that.


I remember in her TED Talk, she mentioned this particular "piece" she did. She mentioned how hard it was to paint on fried egg.



I'd really rather you watch her inspiring TED Talk, but the last bit of synopsis I'll tell you about is when she began using milk as part of her canvas.





I find her work mind-blowing and absolutely stunning.

Alexa Meade, everyone.


You can check out more of her work on her official website: http://alexameade.com/artwork/.

No comments:

Post a Comment