Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Inspirations for April 2014

This month I've decided to post about things that inspired me to keep chugging. These things and people have unknowingly kept a constant light in my life, so I'd like to share a little about each one:

#100HappyDays:




On the first day of this month, I decided to go ahead and accept the challenge of finding at least one thing to be happy about for 100 days. My first day, I posted one sentence about having strawberry banana jello for dessert. Now, I may post two or three posts in one day with that #100HappyDays tag, followed by a long paragraph listing everything I appreciated that day.

This site claims many things if you follow through this whole challenge. I may not be able to vouch for all of it, but I can say that it has helped with my mood. Now I automatically try to look for the more positive side of things. To be honest, I don't remember when my last melancholy and sullen day was! I'd say that's a huge hurdle to overcome within itself.






Alexandra Elle:


This 24-year-old woman is a beautiful, and inspiring soul who shares her everyday struggles and strengths with the rest of the world. She has gotten to the point where she has become her own boss by building her own brand, is a mother of a little sprouting girl, and is also an author.

The first things I saw from her a year or two ago were quotes sprinkled all across Tumblr. She'd write brief diary entries to herself, self-righteous, strong posts that spoke on a lot of levels. As she grew, she posted all of her impactful words into a book a few months ago, and she's finishing up book two. She has many social media sites where she has posted many, many gorgeous photos of her life and food she has put together. Recently, she has become vegan, and the food and drinks she puts up are always so gorgeous. I love that supports local and small businesses, too.


She just keeps growing, and growing! It is much-deserved, because you can tell how hard she works. The end product is always something beautiful and inspiring.


.     .     .

I ran across this post on her instagram, and it really hit home for me.

.     .     .


I'm sure at least her website is over on my inspiration bar to the left, but here are all of her links that I know of:

Instagram: http://instagram.com/alex_elle
Breakfast with Alex blog: http://breakfastwithalex.com
Her book, Words from a Wanderer: https://www.createspace.com/4270960
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AisforALEX


Rachel Brathen:

A friend introduced me to this yogi named Rachel. I ran across her at a sullen time, though. Her soul sister had died in a car crash and her posts were beautifully-written ones filled with stories that draw you in. It was such a crazy situation... At the same time her best, best, best friend crashed, Rachel collapsed at the airport in pain. I think her appendix ruptured, but for it to happen then and to see the tremendous love that they shared... I truly believe a part of her died within that moment.

Here's a peak at a post she did on Instagram a day or so ago. How deep she gets into her writings is a God-given talent.



She likes making short spurts of inspirations, too. Just scrolling through Instagram and coming across short words of inspiration have radiated in my spirit all throughout this month.



Her life-- internal and external content-- is stunning.



.     .     .



I love her Instagram and blog, so I shall share those two things:

Blog: http://rachelbrathen.com/blog/page/2/
Instagram: http://instagram.com/yoga_girl


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment