Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Happiness is in Overlooked Shadows

I started finding beauty in everything this morning at 5:30am while eating steak and BBQ chips. 

I had taken a nap, overslept, and was too alert to sleep. But within those quiet hours I saw everything as something to be excited about and grateful for. 

Google Map made a Pokémon map with catchable Pokémon, and I was grateful for a phone that allowed me to enjoy that little treat. 

I was up during a five-episode Space Ghost Coast to Coast marathon, which I loved. 

I let my mind wonder, and thought of the possibility that someone out there does like me, and for once I'd like them too.

It's not a top priority, but there's some (realistic, I might add) hope that things will turn out soon enough in the love department. 

Sometimes I long for so much, and try to just reminisce without becoming bitter and/or frustrated...  

But some days it can be easier said than done.

Now though, I can think about seeing the love for me in someone else's eyes without laughing at the thought. 

I can truly believe that someday I'll be able to make someone my muse again; so filled with love that I begin to ache, and can do nothing about it but write it out. 

I miss those days, but I'm grateful that my heavy heart aches with a purpose and no longer is considered a weak burden of mine.

So in celebration of having this content calmness wash over me, I've decided to take on the 100 Happy Days Challenge.

This challenge found here wants you to find at least ONE thing that made you happy that day, for 100 days. You can make it as private or public as you want (tagging, written, pictures, etc). The site also lists positive benefits from doing this challenge.

To me, you become more aware of your blessings when you've begun to look for them more consistently. And it is said you can develop a new habit if you practice it at least 21 days in a row?

Make the ability to find happiness a habit.

Happy Blessing No. 1: Soft strawberry banana jello for dessert.



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment